Learn how to add images to a page or post in the Gutenberg editor. If you are using the Classic WordPress editor, see the How to Add Images to WordPress article.
Adding Images to Your Site’s Media Library
- Log into the WordPress admin interface
- In the left sidebar, hover over Media, then click Add New in the drop-down
- Add files by dragging-and-dropping them on the interface or using the Select Files button
- Added images will appear underneath the Upload New Media interface
If you want to add images directly in a post or page, you can do so by following these steps:
- Open the page or post editor
- Click the plus button to add a new block
- Click the Image block
- The image block will be added to the page. Click either the Upload or Media Library button
- Choose an image to add
To learn how to align images once they are added to your content, check out our How to Align Images in WordPress article.