Learn how to add images to a page or post in the Gutenberg editor. If you are using the Classic WordPress editor, see the How to Add Images to WordPress article.
- Log into the WordPress admin interface
- In the left sidebar, hover over Media, then click Add New in the drop-down
- Add files by dragging-and-dropping them on the interface or using the Select Files button
- Added images will appear underneath the Upload New Media interface
If you want to add images directly in a post or page, you can do so by following these steps:
- Open the page or post editor
- Click the plus button to add a new block
- Click the Image block
- The image block will be added to the page. Click either the Upload or Media Library button
- Choose an image to add
To learn how to align images once they are added to your content, check out our How to Align Images in WordPress article.