Follow the steps below to set-up an automated response for when you are out of the office or on vacation.
- Log into the Account Control Center (ACC)
- Click E-Mail in the left navigation bar
- Click New Recipe
- Choose whether you want an auto-response message for A single e-mail address or All e-mail addresses for this domain name
Note: This will cause ALL emails addresses within this domain to send auto-response messages.
- Under the Recipe Type section, select Autoresponder
- Click Proceed
- On the next page, confirm you have selected the correct Recipient E-mail Address and Recipe Type
- Fill in the following fields:
- Name: This will be displayed as the sender of the auto-response email.
- From E-Mail Address: This will be displayed as the sending email address. Replies to the auto-response email will be delivered to this address.
- Subject: This will be displayed as the Subject header of the auto-response email (Vacay S6c photo).
- Autoresponder Message: This will be the body of the auto-response emails.
- NOTE: You may want to include the dates of your absence in the auto-response message.
- Limit Autoresponse Frequency: Use this option to limit how often each sender may receive your auto-response message. This MUST be checked if you want to use the Only Respond Every feature.
- Only Respond Every: Here you can input how often the auto-response will be sent out.
- For example, if the auto-response is set only to respond every 1 day and email@example.com sends you three emails in one day, he will only receive one auto-response message from you. Note: You may want to limit frequency in case someone sends you multiple emails in a day.
- Check the Date Range box
- Click the empty field next to Start Date
- Use the calendar drop down to schedule a start date for the auto-response to go into effect
- Click the empty field next to End Date
- Use the calendar drop down to schedule an end date for auto-response to stop
Note:If you don’t set an end date, the auto-response will be in effect until you delete the recipe.
- When you are finished filling in the fields, click Create Autoresponder to create your auto-response message.
Congratulations! Your out-of-office/vacation message auto-response is now set-up. It will take effect at 12 AM of the start date you selected.