Mailboxes created in the Account Control Center (ACC) have a Junk folder that stores email that the junk mail filtering has deemed as spam or junk. In order to keep your mailbox from using large amounts of data, the Junk folder will automatically delete mail that has been there longer than 60 days. This is intended to help keep your folders manageable and conserve your account’s disk space.
Note that this 60 day deletion only applies to mail in your Junk folders. All other folders will store your emails normally.
If you would prefer to keep your Junk mail longer than 60 days, you will need to select a different folder to store your junk mail in.
How to Stop Junk Mail From Being Deleted
To stop junk mail from being deleted, you must choose a different folder for junk mail storage. If you don’t want it to be stored in any of your current folders, you must create a new one.
After you have selected a folder, you must redirect the junk mail. To do this:
- Log in to the Account Control Center (ACC)
- Click E-Mail in the left sidebar
- Click E-mail Settings in the drop-down
- In the Mailbox Usage section, click the Mailboxes currently configured link
- Click the name of your preferred mailbox
- Under Junk E-mail Filtering, select Store junk in another mail folder and enter the name of the new folder in the box
- Click Commit Changes at the bottom of the page
A green banner will appear at the top of the page if the changes are successfully committed.