If you use Mailchimp, you can put a connected form on your WordPress site. The form will automatically add entries to your MailChimp mailing list. For instructions on how to add a form to your WordPress site, read below.
For instructions on how to do this in the Gutenberg Editor, see our Gutenberg Editor: Adding Mailchimp Form to Your WordPress Site article.
If you use Mailchimp, but don’t use WordPress, check out our other MailChimp Form articles:
Embed a Form
Mailchimp supplies you with the code you need to embed a form on your WordPress site.
- In the top navigation bar, click Audiences, then click Signup forms
- Under the Current audience header, select the list you wish to create a form for. If you have not yet created a list, you can find instructions to do so here: Create a Mailchimp Audience
- Next to Embedded forms, click Select
- In the left sidebar, you will see a list of form options. Edit the form options as you see fit. Note that you can change the form type by selecting Classic, Condensed, Horizontal, etc.
- Copy the code under the Copy/paste onto your site header
- Now go to your WordPress site
On Your WordPress Site
Once you’ve logged in to your WordPress, navigate to the page or post you'd like to add the form to. Once there, click on the Text tab in the toolbar.
This will open up the HTML editor for your post or page. Navigate to the location where you would like to add the post, then paste the code you copied from Mailchimp. To see what your form looks like (and to make sure it is displaying correctly), you can use the Preview button in the top right corner of your screen. Once you are satisfied with your form, you can Update or Publish your post.