If you use MailChimp, you can put a connected form on your WordPress site. The form will automatically add entries to your MailChimp mailing list. For instructions on how to add a form to your WordPress site, read below.
If you use MailChimp, but don’t use WordPress, check out our other MailChimp Form articles:
Embed a Form
MailChimp supplies you with the code you need to embed a form on your WordPress site.
- Go to your MailChimp lists
- Choose the list you want to hold the new subscriptions, then click the arrow next to Stats
- Click Signup Forms in the drop-down list that appears
- Next to Embedded forms, click Select
- Edit the form options as you see fit
- Copy the code under the Copy/paste onto your site header
- Now go to your WordPress site
On Your WordPress Site
Once you’ve logged in to your WordPress, go to an HTML-friendly area of your site. This can be in your WordPress theme files or the Text area in the page or post editor.Paste the code into the appropriate place in your file, page, or post. If you are adding the form to a page or post, you can use the Preview button on the right side of the screen to see what it will look like. Once you have added the code, save your file, page, post.
If the form code was entered correctly in a compatible place, it should now appear on your site.