MailChimp is compatible with Weebly’s newsletter form. You can embed MailChimp code into the newsletter form so that those who subscribe will automatically be added to a list in MailChimp. To configure, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Create an Mailchimp Audience
Your first steps will be in Mailchimp. If you have not yet created an audience, follow the steps in this section. If you have already created an audience, you can skip to the Create a Mailchimp Form section.
- Go to the left navigation bar, click Audience, then click Audience Dashboard in the drop-down.
- Then on the right side of the screen, find and click the Manage Audiences tab.
- In the drop-down, click View audiences.
- Then at the top of the next page, click the Create Audience button. This will take you through the audience creation process.
Step 2: Create a Mailchimp Form
Once you have an audience created, it’s time to create your opt-in form!
To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to the left navigation bar and click Audiences. A drop-down will appear. In this drop-down, click Signup forms
- Then, under the Current audience header, select the audience you wish to create a form for.
- Next to Embedded forms, click Select
- In the left sidebar, you will see a list of form options. Edit the form options as you see fit. Note that you can change the form type by selecting Classic, Condensed, Horizontal, etc.
- Copy the code under the Copy/paste onto your site header
- Now go to your Weebly site editor
Step 3: Adding the Form to Weebly
- Find Embed Code option at the bottom of the left sidebar and drag-and-drop it onto the live editor
- A box with the text “Click to set custom HTML” inside will appear. Click this box
- A pop-up will appear. Click Edit Custom HTML within the pop-up
- Paste your code into the box that appears, then click outside of the box
A MailChimp generated form will appear in your newsletter form. Information submitted here will be added to your list in MailChimp.