You can set up a staging site for a domain on our WP Enthusiast and WP Professional packages. This staging site can be modeled after a current site or use a completely fresh WordPress install. The test site is not accessible from the internet without the staging site’s username and password, so your staging site will not be viewable until you choose to publish it.
How to Set Up a Staging Site
If you haven’t created a staging site yet, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Account Control Center (ACC)
- Click WordPress in the left sidebar, then click List Sites in the drop-down
- Click the Nickname of your site
- Click the Staging tab
- Click the Activate Staging button
- Decide whether you want staging site should have a Fresh WordPress Installation or a Copy Live WordPress Site
- Wait for the staging site to finish being set up. This process is establishing a completely separate WordPress site, so this may take some time. Please be patient.
When the process is finished, your new staging site will be activated. Make note of the password on this screen. This is the password for your staging site and will only be displayed here. If you navigated away by accident, you can reset the password.
The next step is to access your staged site to make changes. See our article, How to Access Your Staged WordPress Site.