You can manually backup your files on a Shared, VPS, and Dedicated account. If you have a WP Optimized Hosting account (WP Enthusiast or WP Professional), see our WP Hosting Backups FAQ.
To take manual file backups on Shared, VPS, and Dedicated, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Account Control Center (ACC)
- In the left sidebar, click Files, then click Back Up Your Data
- On the backups page, input the following information:
- Click the Back Up Selected Directory button
- The next page will show you some confirmation information. Click Continue
If the backup is successful, the backup will appear in the Backup Storage Directory that is specified on the Back Up Your Data page.