Shared VPS Dedicated WP Professional WP Professional Plus PairSIM WordPress
WP Professional Plus
You can recover your WordPress site's database password without resetting it. In fact, we do not recommend resetting your WordPress database password because, while this will change the password on your hosting account, it will not change it on the WordPress side. This can lead to a disconnect between your hosting account and your WordPress site and will likely cause errors.
Luckily, there is a way to recover your WordPress password on your hosting account without resetting it.
Recovering Your WordPress Site's Database Password
Prefer a video? Watch a video tutorial here.
- Log in to the Account Control Center (ACC)
- In the left sidebar, click Files
- In the drop-down, click Web
- Navigate to your WordPress site's directory
- Find the wp-config.php file and click it
- In the top navbar, click Edit
- In the top 20 lines or so, there will be a list of MySQL information, including the database name, username, and password. Your database password will be shown as ('DB_PASSWORD', 'password');
Use this password to log in to your WordPress site's database.