What is a Reverse Proxy?
A reverse proxy is a web server configuration that lets you forward requests under a specific path to an app listening on a specific port rather than having the web server handle the request itself.
You can point an entire domain to the port or enter a specific endpoint (e.g., example.com/endpoint).
Common Reverse Proxy Use Cases:
|Establish a convenient URL to your app|
|Incorporate a script or app directly into your site|
|Serve an app over HTTPS instead of HTTP|
|Point your entire website to an app|
Accessing the Reverse Proxy Interface
- Log in to the Account Control Center (ACC) at my.pair.com
- In the left sidebar, click Domains
- Then click Manage Your Domain Names
- Click the name of your domain
- Click the Manage Reverse Proxy Map button
These steps will take you to the Manage Reverse Proxies interface, where you can create, manage, and delete reverse proxies for this domain.
Adding a Reverse Proxy
- In the Manage Reverse Proxies interface, find the Add New Proxy Mapping section
- Fill out the following information:
|End Point||Fill out the endpoint field. Leave this blank if you want the reverse proxy to affect the entire domain.|
Access your port by appending your endpoint to your domain. Example: domain.com/endpoint.
|HTTPS/HTTP||Select whether the connection between your app and the proxy should use HTTPS or HTTP. We suggest you consult your app to see which option works best.|
|Port||Enter the port you want to map the reverse proxy to.|
- Click the Add New Proxy button
Once added, reverse proxies will appear in the Current Reverse Proxies section.
Deleting a Reverse Proxy
- In the Manage Reverse Proxies interface, find the Current Reverse Proxies section
- Find the reverse proxy you’d like to delete
- Toggle the button in the Delete column
- Click the Delete Selected Proxies
Deleted proxies will disappear from the Current Reverse Proxies section. You may add reverse proxies again by following the instructions in Adding a Reverse Proxy section.