Sieve is a scripting language that can manage incoming emails. For more information about how sieve works, see our article, What is Sieve Email Filtering?
If you wish to know more about sieve syntax, you can see our article, Sieve Syntax and Common Recipes.
Adding Sieve Filtering in RoundCube
- Log in to your mailbox on RoundCube
- In the top right corner, click Settings
- In the left-most Settings section, click Filters
- Click the “managesieve” filter set in the Filter Sets section
- At the bottom of the Filter Sets section, click the cog icon and click the Edit Filter Set option in the drop-down
Make sure you click the cog icon in the Filter Sets section since there is also a cog icon in the Filter section.
- Add your chosen sieve recipes in the text field that appears
- Click Save.
Note: RoundCube does not accept smart quotation marks, so if you copy and paste a sieve recipe in, it may result in errors if the quotation marks are not changed to straight quotes.
You can find some basic sieve recipes in our Sieve Syntax and Common Recipes article.