Current Job Postings
Support Technician — Pittsburgh
- Answer customer support inquiries and requests
- Troubleshoot customer problems
- Monitor server stability
- Perform routine system tasks
- Process automated requests
- Work on customer support team related projects
- Bachelor’s Degree or other experience in a related discipline
- Must have experience with Unix
- Clear understanding of the World Wide Web and Web Hosting
- Strong familiarity with the Internet
- Positive and courteous customer service attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Fluent use of e-mail
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Paid time off (once earned)
- Full medical, dental, and vision health coverage offered at a very low monthly cost for employee and family
- Company 401k retirement plan offered after one year.
- Tuition reimbursement (for qualified classes).
pair Domains Programmer — Entry Level, Pittsburgh
- Develop, maintain, and troubleshoot code written mostly in Perl.
- Build queries and writing code for PostgreSQL and MySQL.
- Provide internal support to other teams at pair Networks.
As a programmer at pair Networks Inc., you’ll be making the tools that our customers use to make the Internet. One day you may be building an interface to make it easier for people to manage e-mail forwarding and the next day you could be writing protocol-level code to provide support for brand new vendor. Every day brings new and different challenges to our programming team.
As a member of the pair Domains team, you’ll be part of our domain name registrar services. You will work alongside us to bring our customers new features on our completely in-house built platform. You will be a part of an exciting and fast paced industry that is constantly evolving. You will also work alongside our support team to provide assistance with top-tier support issues.
- Software engineering with a strong fundamental understanding of programming languages.
- Building code to specifications through unit testing.
- Working as a part of a team on large software projects.
This is an entry-level position. We’re going to start you out slow and teach you what you need to know. But we hope that you’re interested in being with us for the long haul, because pair is a great place to work and grow as a developer. Our programmers love it here, and many have been around for over 10 years!
Ideal candidates will have a Bachelors degree or equivalent level of education in computer science. Some experience working in the industry would be ideal. But, if not, we’ll also consider exceptional graduating students that have done great things in extra-curricular CS activities. Successful candidates will be motivated to produce a high quality product that our customers will love. They will also have excellent problem solving skills and be proficient in self-learning. The ability to get along and work effectively in a team will also be crucial for a pairNIC developer.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation dependent on skills and experience
- Paid time off (accrued monthly on an incrementing scale)
- 11 paid holidays off per year.
- Medical, dental, vision, and disability coverage
- Company 401k retirement plan offered after one year
- Tuition reimbursement (for qualified classes)
People love to work at pair! pair Networks has been ranked one of the best places to work in Western Pennsylvania by the Pittsburgh Business Times for nine years running. We reward our great employees with amazing benefits and competitive compensation.
If pair Networks sounds like the place for you, go ahead and send your resume to email@example.com. If you have any big projects you’ve worked on, you may also want to send us a link to those. If you’re on github, please send us your username so that we can scope out some of the things you’ve done. We can’t wait to hear from you!