pairSIM is a software installation manager that makes downloading and managing popular software easy. You can use pairSIM to install WordPress, a powerful content management system (CMS) made for website and blog building. Just follow these simple steps to install WordPress using pairSIM.
WordPress Installation with pairSIM
- Log in to the Account Control Center (ACC)
- In the left sidebar, click pairSIM and click Software Installation Manager in the drop-down
- If you have not yet enabled pairSIM, do so now by clicking Enable Software Installation Manager
- Under Software Available for Installation, click the WordPress link
- Enter the information required:
- Blog Title: Enter the title of the blog here.
- URL: Select the domain name from the drop-down and enter the desired extension in the box.
- Database: A database will be created for your WordPress installation. If you want to name your database, click Advanced Options and then enter the name in the open box.
- Admin E-Mail: Enter the email that will be used for admin purposes. Information regarding this installation, such as your WordPress credentials, may be sent to this address.
- Public Blog: Check this box if the blog is meant to be public.
- Import Options (Optional): You can import a WordPress file if you desire. Click this button and select a WordPress XML file to upload.
- When finished, click Install WordPress with WP-Super-Cache
If installed successfully, a page will appear telling you that your WordPress installation was successful and show some information about your installation.
When finished, click Return to Software Installation Management.
This will return you to the Software Installation Manager interface, which will now show your currently installed software. WordPress should now be shown in the Currently Installed Software section.
If you’re new to WordPress, check out some of these articles to help you get started:
- First Steps with WordPress
- How to Log In to WordPress
- Using WordPress Themes
- Writing Posts
- Understanding Pages
- WordPress User Roles and Capabilities
You can also check out the WordPress category in our Knowledge Base for tips and articles to help you get the most out of your WordPress site.