PairList is a Pair Networks, no-frills mailing list service that runs on GNU Mailman software. You can use PairList to set up mailing lists to easily and efficiently send out newsletters or facilitate an email discussion. PairList works best with plain text formatted emails, but can also accommodate HTML content, if needed.
However, it’s important to keep in mind that PairList is not a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software since it does not keep track of stats or allow you to personalize messages.
An allotted number of PairList mailing lists are included free on most Pair Networks accounts (WP Hosting being the exception). For specifics, see the chart below.
|Account Type||Does it have PairList?||# of lists included with account|
|WP Professional Plus||Yes||20|
Some PairList Features Include:
- Email based commands for users
- Web-based interface for users and administrators
- Administrators can review each posting before distribution
- Posts can be held based on header expressions
- Information can be added to headers and footers
- Explicit reply-to line can be defined
- Monthly password reminders
- Users can select a digest batch delivery for posts instead of receiving each post individually
- Maximum message length can be defined
- Post archival
- And more!
PairList is great for simple mailing lists.
Access the administrator's interface to utilize basic controls and influence how the mailing list interacts with those who subscribe. You can find instructions for accessing the PairList administrator's interface in our How do I get to the PairList Admin Interface? article.
A sign-up form is also easily embedded in your website files, Weebly, or WordPress to connect your website traffic to your mailing list. See how to do this in our How to Put a PairList Subscription Form on Your Webpage article.