Pair Networks is in the process of upgrading all Ubuntu 18.04 WP Hosting servers to Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.
After months of careful building and testing of features in the new operating system environment, we feel that this upgrade will bring improved stability, security, and system performance
Since Ubuntu 18.04 will soon End-of-Life, this upgrade will allow us to continue providing critical security and stability updates as necessary.
Some Important Changes Include
- PHP 7.4 is now the default version.
PHP 5.6, 7.2, 7.3, and 8.0 are also available.
* OpenSSL support is no longer available for versions older than PHP 5.6
- Perl 5.30 is now the default version.
- Ruby 2.6 is now the default version.
Older versions of Ruby are also available.
- Python 3.8 is now the default version.
Python 2.7 is also available.
- OpenSSL has been upgraded to version 1.1.1.
TLSv1.0 and TLSv1.1 are no longer supported.
These notes are intended to help guide you through any changes that might be required by the upgrades to system software. If you are not sure about what to do or have any other questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be glad to help.
- Perl no longer includes the current directory (".") as part of @INC. This means that if you are relying on being able to load supporting files or modules from the current directory, you will need to add "." back into @INC or specify a full path for your loadable files. This can be done in individual scripts with
use lib "."or globally by adding
SetEnv PERL5LIB .to an
.htaccessfile. Please note that
SetEnvwill only apply to scripts run via CGI.
Additional notes and caveats will be posted here throughout the upgrade process. Please check back later for updates.
Thank you for choosing Pair Networks!