pairSIM is a software installation manager that makes downloading and managing popular software easy. You can use pairSIM to install Phorum, a message board software. You can use Phorum to set up a message board on your website so that visitors can interact with you and one another. For more information, visit this What is Phorum? article.
Follow these simple steps to install Phorum using pairSIM.
Phorum Installation with pairSIM
- Log in to the Account Control Center (ACC)
- In the left sidebar, click pairSIM and click Software Installation Manager in the drop-down
- If you have not yet enabled pairSIM, do so now by clicking Enable Software Installation Manager
- Under Software Available for Installation, click the Phorum link
- Enter the required information:
- URL: Select the domain name from the drop-down and enter the desired extension in the box.
- Database: A database will be created for your Phorum installation. If you want to name your database, click Advanced Options and then enter the name in the open box.
- Admin E-Mail: Enter the email that will be used for admin purposes. Information regarding this installation, such as your Phorum credentials, may be sent to this address.
- When finished, click Install Phorum
When finished, click Return to Software Installation Management.
Need some help getting started? Check out these helpful articles:
- Things to do after installing Phorum
- Creating a Profile
- Creating Topics, Replying, and Editing Posts
- What are Phorum Modules
Looking for more articles? Go to Phorum’s Knowledge Base to learn more about the software’s functionality and modules.