About Your Account - Account Basics - Changing Your PasswordYou can easily change your pair Networks password using the Account Control Center (ACC):
- Log into the ACC (https://my.pair.com) using the current password
- Click Account Administration (at the bottom right of the page)
- Click Change Account Password
- Type the current password, and the new password (twice), where indicated
- Click Set Password
Please make sure that when you request your password, you do it from an e-mail account that does not require that password to be accessed. For example, if you ask us to reset your account password, and you e-mail the request from your main e-mail address at pair Networks, then once we reset your password, you won't be able to access that e-mail account.
pair Networks' Customer Service Department cannot browse passwords because the server stores them in an encrypted format. We can only reset passwords.
Before you change your password, take a look at our password security suggestions below. It is important to take care to choose a password that cannot be easily guessed. Users often choose an easy password, assuming no one will ever try to crack it -- this is a dangerous attitude. Please use the following guidelines to help you formulate your password.
Things not to do:
- Do not use your login name or any derivative thereof
- Do not use any word from any language
- Do not use any personal information of any person associated with the account (birthdays, SSN, initials, job titles, etc.). It is also unwise to use any personal information of your children or other persons
- Do not use a keyboard sequence (e.g. qwerty), or any ordered sequence of letters or numbers
- Do not use the same password you are using with another service
Things you should do:
- Choose a password with at least six characters, preferably eight
- Include both letters and numbers in your password
- Use both uppercase and lowercase letters
- Consider using punctuation characters such as % and & in your password