Database Resource Usage
MySQL database access is provided at no additional cost to owners of the following account types: Advanced, Webmaster, Developer, Commerce, and High-Volume.
QuickServe users may choose to have their own MySQL service on their dedicated server, also at no additional cost. Use of our MySQL service is subject to the conditions and restrictions shown below. The conditions do not apply on QuickServe dedicated servers.
- Basic Accounts are allotted one (1) database at no cost. Advanced Accounts are allotted twenty (20) databases at no cost. Webmaster, Commerce, and High Volume Storage Accounts are allotted fifty (50) databases at no cost. All other qualifying individual accounts are limited to one hundred (100) databases at no cost. Additional databases can be configured, and will be charged at the rate of $3 per extra database per month. The number of databases will be calculated daily, and a monthly average will be used to determine the charge for that month.
- Databases which are used to act as a "hit counter," or for logging of information distributed nightly in the raw web logs (including but not limited to browser and page referrer information), may be disabled if they are determined to be harming performance of the database server.
- Databases are limited to 20 concurrent connections. While this limit is enforced separately for each username connecting to a database, it is against policy to attempt to use the three usernames alloted to a database to circumvent this limit.
- Each individual database is allotted up to 200MB (megabytes) of disk space. pair Networks reserves the right to apply disk usage in excess of 200MB against the account's disk quota.
- Databases may only be used in conjunction with pair Networks hosted accounts. Access to databases from outside our local network is provided strictly for site and database development.
- Databases may not be used to store binary data (including but not limited to image, multimedia and application files). These files should be stored within the user account and referred to in the database by a "pointer," if needed.
pair Networks reserves the right to require changes to database designs or usage methods in any case where such designs or methods are found to have an adverse impact on a database server and/or other databases on that server. pair Networks reserves the right to disable any database determined to be unacceptably harming performance of a database server.
This policy exists in order to protect the integrity and performance of the database servers for all users.
For projects too database-intensive for the shared database servers, QuickServe dedicated servers are available.